This Privacy Statement applies to the processing by Holiday Sitters B.V. (‘we’ or ‘Holiday Sitters’) of personal data of individuals (‘you’) through our website and/or mobile application (collectively "Site"). We attach great importance to protecting your privacy and to transparency in this respect. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect, share, use and/or otherwise process your personal data, in accordance with the requirements for the processing of personal data laid down in privacy legislation, including the GDPR.
To ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, this Privacy Statement may be amended and updated by Holiday Sitters from time to time. The most up-to-date version of the Privacy Statement can be found on our website.
Table of Contents
Holiday Sitters is an online platform, accessible via the Site, providing services in connection with helping parents finding babysitters that speak their language (the “Services”). To provide these Services, Holiday Sitters processes, either directly or indirectly, personal data. Personal data includes any information that identifies or can be used to identify you. For example, name, address, email address and age.
For the purposes of the Services Holiday Sitters also processes certain personal data of your direct family members (e.g. children and spouse).
We process your personal data if we receive personal data from you, for instance, when you register for the Site:
- Account information: when you register for the Site, we will ask for certain information about you, such as your name, address, email, date of birth and phone number.
- User Profile: After you register for the Site, you will have the opportunity to create a Profile about yourself. Your profile may include different information depending on whether you are a parent or a sitter. How much information you disclose on your profile is entirely up to you, though at a minimum, your profile will include information you provided to us in the account registration process:
- for parents: parents may include information on their profile about their children (age, school, special needs), emergency contact information and home address. By filling in personal data of your children on our Site, you give us your explicit permission to process this personal data.
- for Sitters: sitters may include information about their hourly rates, background, availability, education, certifications, languages spoken and experience, and any geographic or other limitations or preferences.
Furthermore Holiday Sitters does process personal data for administrative purposes, such as the payment process, for the parents. For the sitters, during the application process and verification of this application. Holiday Sitters also process personal data to gain insight in the use of the Site.
We also process your personal data if you (want to) conclude or enter into a contract with us, if we have your permission, or if we may or must do so based on a legal obligation.
You can withdraw given consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of the data that was processed before your consent was withdrawn.
We will not store your personal data longer than necessary for the purposes of providing the Service. It is possible to delete your account, which account was registered to our Site during the account register process. The data will then be removed. You can delete your account by choosing “delete account” form your profile page, all data related to this account will be deleted.
How do we protect your personal data during our processing?
Holiday Sitters has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure an adequate level of security in relation to your personal data, thereby taking into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing. In this respect, we have implemented, amongst others, the following measures:
- data access limitations to only staff members who need to know;
- personal data is stored solely on servers that are in compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations;
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, firewall and other necessary measures to provide full security to our visitors.
Recipients of your personal data and international transfers
Holiday Sitters will not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless such disclosure is necessary to provide the Services for which you have provided us with your consent or such disclosure is required by law.
When you visit our Site for the first time, a pop-up is displayed indicating that if you click the accept button, you accept the cookies and plugins. If you accept the cookies and plugins you give us your consent to use all cookies and plugins as described in the pop-up and this cookie statement. You are free to disable cookies. Please keep in mind that our Site may not work optimally.
- to enable the functionality of our Site and to protect our Site (technical or functional cookies);
- to generate overall statistics and gain insight into the use of our Site by the public to optimise our Site and services (analytics cookies);
For the above-mentioned purposes, we use the following cookies:
Removal of cookies: Most cookies have an expiration date. This means, that they will automatically expire after a certain period and no longer register any data concerning your visit of the Site. Another option is to remove the cookies manually before the expiration date. In order to do this, consult the instruction manual of your browser.
Third party Sites
This privacy- and cookie statement does not apply to third-party Sites that are linked to our Site. We cannot guarantee that such third parties handle your personal data carefully and securely. We recommend you to read the privacy statements of their Sites before you make use of the Sites.
Your right of access, correction, portability, limitation, objection and removal
You have the right to request access to, correction of, portability, limitation, objection against further processing or removal of your data. You can send a request, to practice your rights, by sending us an e-mail or contacting us by phone.
To prevent abuse, we may ask you to provide proper proof of your identity. If you want to inspect personal data linked to a cookie, you should include a copy of the relevant cookie with your request, which you can find in your browser settings.
Complaints supervisory authority
Based on privacy legislation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the national supervisory authority responsible for the protection of personal data against our processing of your personal data, for example if we have not handled your complaint to your satisfaction. For the Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
Feel free to contact us if you need help reviewing, modifying or deleting your data or if you have any other questions and/or suggestions regarding our Privacy Statement please contact us.
Holiday Sitters B.V.
Churchill-laan 149h, 1078 DT Amsterdam
T: +31617292579 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
KvK-numer Holiday Sitters B.V.: 68239246
(Dutch Chamber of Commerce number)